Go to page
25of 4,161
  • 1 message
  • February 11, 2010 15:02
February 11, 2010 15:02

Hi, I have 2 foreign coins, do any of you know what kind of coins these are.
One coin shows republique france 1808 and it is only printed on one side. the coin weighs very lightly. And on the other one it looks like an animal depicted.
I hope to get more clarity here. I do have pictures of it but I don't know where to post them here to show it.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • February 09, 2010 07:41
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Probably a penny from Utrecht.
Something like that?

Show original message
  • 56 messages
  • February 06, 2010 15:42
February 06, 2010 15:42

It could be a coin of the city of Utrecht. Does it look like this weapon?
http://www.henrifloor.nl/platens/utrecht/utrec…

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • February 05, 2010 12:13
February 05, 2010 12:13

I found an old coin in my garden, but I can't figure out what kind of coin it is. Partly because it has been considerably affected.
Like most Dutch coins, it has a shield in the middle, but unlike most coins, the lion is not in it, but is standing next to it. one on the right side of the shield, but it looks like there is one on the left as well. I think there is also a line right through the shield.
The back is almost gone, but I think there were letters there, the only letter I can distinguish is the letter C.
Who can tell me more about this coin?
Thank you

Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • January 14, 2010 10:07
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Holland Coin Fair 2010
12 & amp; February 13, 2010
In the World Forum Convention Center The Hague
The most important numismatic event in the Netherlands!
Friday, February 12
4:00 pm: Opening to the public
8:30 pm: The ticket office will be closed
9:00 pm: Closing of the fair
Saturday 13 February
10 am: Opening of the fair
4:30 pm: The box office will be closed
5 pm: Closing of the fair
Directions:
By public transport:
From The Hague Central Station (CS) Tram line 17, get off at the Statenplein stop.
Tram line 10, get off at the World Forum convention center stop.
Note: tram 10 only runs on working days from 07:00 to 09:00 and from 15:30 to 18:30.
From The Hague Hollands Spoor (HS)
Tram line 1, get off at the World Forum convention center stop.
By car:
From Utrecht / Amsterdam
Follow the A12 in the direction of The Hague. The A12 changes into the Utrechtsebaan.
Follow this to the end. Turn left at the traffic lights. You are then driving on the Zuid
Hollandlaan. At the end, turn right at the traffic lights.
This is the Koningskade, which turns into the Raamweg.
Drive under the viaduct and immediately follow the bend to the Hubertus Viaduct to the right.
This one comes from the Prof. B.M. Teldersweg and then changes into the Johan de Wittlaan.
Follow the signs World Forum convention center and then park in the underground
parking garage with room for 750 cars.
From Amsterdam / Leiden
Follow the A44 in the direction of Centrum Den Haag / Scheveningen. The A44 successively changes into the N44 , the Benoordenhoutseweg and the Zuid Holland-laan.
You are following hereafter the description as indicated above.
From Rotterdam
From the A13 at the Ypenburg roundabout, follow the signs at the Ypenburg roundabout and the signs for Amsterdam (A4). At Prince Claus Square, follow
Den Haag / Voorburg. Drive over the viaduct and follow the signs for The Hague.
Then you will arrive at the Utrechtsebaan. You then follow the description as indicated above

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • December 13, 2009 11:27
December 13, 2009 11:27

I have a 1911 gold coin from Switzerland. It has a value of 20 Francs.
I wonder approximately what this coin is worth in the collector circuit.

Show original message
  • 78 messages
  • November 27, 2009 22:34
added
prices
reviews

Chances are that we will soon be paying in the shops with Vatican coins with images of the Pope.
The Vatican has long had its own euros, but for mere mortals, the Vatican's euros were virtually untraceable outside Italy.
However, the European Council of Ministers will introduce new rules from 2010. These stipulate that from now on the Vatican must put at least 51% of its coins into circulation in normal currency. Rome wants to comply with the new rules and has already announced that the circulation of the Vatican coins will be increased from 1 to 2.1 million euros.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,918 messages
  • November 15, 2009 23:42
added
prices
reviews

Hello Eric,
This discussion is also going on with the comics,
comics in general and then Incorrect use new condition in shops
I can relate to your story

Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • November 15, 2009 12:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I would like to call on collectors and coin shop owners to provide their own individual items with one or more photos!
You can easily add your own photo to your own item in your collection (or shop).
I now rarely see that, for example, shops take the trouble to provide the coins they offer with a picture. Just relying on the classification is really not desirable here! Nobody buys a coin without seeing it. So putting a coin in your shop without adding your own photo is almost pointless!
Eric

Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,011 messages
  • October 15, 2009 12:08
reviews

Today we have greatly improved the layout of viewing details of an item in the catalog. This was one of the most requested improvements to the site.
I illustrate it with the help of the picture below:

As you can see, you no longer get a long list of collectors / wish lists and shops, but a link appears. If you click on it, the desired information will appear. You will see that the Search list is shown. That's because only a limited number of people have it on their list. These are then immediately displayed. That saves you another click.

Everything is now logically sorted and you can now also see from which country someone comes. This is useful to know if you want to buy something, for example. If you have not already done so: you can set in which province and in which country you live via My Profile. At the moment you can only choose the Netherlands and Belgium. We will soon add all other countries to that.
If you look closely, we have also changed the order slightly. Shops are now at the top. We did this because it turns out that most of the click-throughs are to shops, so we assume that people want to be able to see that information quickly.
Enjoy!

Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • September 17, 2009 17:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I am pleased to announce that the user “coin coins” has added a very nice collection of plantation money to Catawiki.
See here for these special coins:
http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/Coins-Series-...

Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • August 23, 2009 22:12
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Erik, the hyperinflation problem with Coins is usually not that big because they often divert to banknotes. For the time being I have not come across very high numbers as face value on coins.

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • August 21, 2009 01:50
added
prices
reviews

Hi Eric
I think there is mainly a problem with countries with hyperinflation, such as Israel or South American countries. The comma sometimes moves up there…
Also in countries like France (old and new Franconia) problems arise.
In any case, I regularly run into this problem with the stamps. We should take stock of this and find a good fixed solution for it. As far as I am concerned, this should also be introduced in parallel with the postage stamps. But what do you do with an imprint of 50 billion on 10 billion Mark? Incidentally, I never quite ended up with the stamps.
Erik

Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • August 20, 2009 07:38
added
prices
info pages
reviews

When entering a currency, it is usually more convenient, faster and better (fewer errors) if you first go to an existing - already approved - currency that most closely resembles it (same country and era, maybe even same face value ) and then select “Copy item” in the top right corner.
You change the year and / or the other things that need to be changed, add photos and with little work you have made a new contribution to the catalog!

Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • August 20, 2009 07:36
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Please use a fraction of the highest value for the nominal value. So in dollars, euros, pounds and crowns instead of cents, penny, ore.
That way we will soon be able to get the site sorted better and more logically!

Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • August 20, 2009 07:24
added
prices
info pages
reviews

After looking up the Kanji numbers on the internet, I found it out. Yesterday I provided all Japanese coins on Catawiki with the year and in the “details” field I explained how I determined them.

Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • August 19, 2009 13:16
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Now found a little more on the internet:
In Japan the chronology follows the reign of the emperors: Mutsuhito 1867-1912 = Meiji period years 1 to 45; Yoshihito 1912-1926 = Taisho period, years 1 to 15; Hirohito 1926-1989 = Showa period, years 1 to 64; Akihito 1989-present = Heisei period years 1 to present
The year consists of 2 characters representing the period (Meiji, Taisho, Showa, Heisei), then 1,2 or 3 characters representing the regnal year to end with a characteristic character (the same on all coins), which is simply "year" means.
The year should always be read in the order: period characters-digits- "year". Often it is from right to left, but sometimes it is from left to right.
Example: 2 characters of “Taisho”, followed by 3 dashes (= Japanese character for 3) and the character “year”. This refers to the 3rd regnal year of Yoshihito and is 1914.
Another example: 2 characters from “Meiji”, followed by 3 characters: 1st: 2 underscores for 2; 2nd: a cross for 10; 3rd: a dash before 1, followed by the character “year”. The year is then: 2 × 10 + 1 = regnal year 21 of Mutsuhito or 1888.

Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • August 19, 2009 12:37
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Who can help determine dates on Japanese coins?
This is what I have been able to find so far:
All Japanese coins have the year (except the 5 yen). This year is in kanji (Chinese characters) or ordinary numbers or a combination thereof. The year is in the so-called “Gengou system”, only used in Japan. This system determines the year based on how long the emperor reigns at that time. Most of the coins you come across today are from Heisei (“The Era of Achieving Peace under Akihito”), keize since 1989 - or Showa (“The Era of Enlightened Peace under the previous emperor, Hirohito”) which reigned 64 years from 1926 to 1989.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to distinguish both emperors and I don't know what the numbers look like either Who can help me with this?

Show original message
  • 78 messages
  • August 14, 2009 21:28
added
prices
reviews

Did you know that there has been another forum about Coins and Banknotes for many years? It can be found at www.muntenforum.eu
The same forum can also be reached via http://www.muntunten.be/forum/

Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • August 14, 2009 19:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Did you know that there has been another forum about Coins and Banknotes for many years? It can be found at www.muntenforum.eu
So you see, plenty of choice!
Eric

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • August 13, 2009 13:47
August 13, 2009 13:47

Dear collector,
At the end of July a brand new forum came to life, the Coins and Banknotes Forum.

http://forum.munthunter.nl

The forum is intended for people who collect banknotes and / or coins and tokens, are interested in them or whatever. Whether you collect world coins, notes from Zimbabwe, Euros, Duit, Guilders, Francs, tokens or whatever, it doesn't matter as long as it has to do with coins and / or banknotes. Also for the EBT -ers there is room to meet and discuss each other.
Feel free to take a look and become a member. You do this by registering. (button at the top right, under the title of the forum). Make up a username, a password, enter your e-mail address and the confirmation code (image) and press the send button at the bottom of the page. You can change the other details later in your profile.
More and more messages are being posted on the forum. Feel free to post messages, ask questions, exchange facts and tell news, etc. Together we will make it a fun, fun and educational forum.
Do you know other collectors, invite them too!
Hope to see you soon on the Coins and Banknote Forum!

http://forum.munthunter.nl

Sincerely,
Jeroen

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • July 14, 2009 15:25
July 14, 2009 15:25

that's true

Show original message
  • 78 messages
  • July 12, 2009 17:23
added
prices
reviews

Hm, I'd just take a look at Wikipedia….
OK,
1. In history, however, there have been legal means of payment for which the collective name token existed.
2. In numismatics, roughly three schools of thought can be distinguished, namely:
* Historical (valuable) tokens * Pay and / or consumption tokens * Art medals
3. The silver medal was introduced as a currency in the middle of the eighth century, under the Pepin the Short
4. From the eighth to the thirteenth century, the token remained a common means of payment for us. This silver coin, whose weight was set at 1/240 part of a Carolingian pound (about 1.8 grams) under Charlemagne, later became lighter and less valuable. The same type of coin (silver denier) was minted throughout Charlemagne's empire. But at the end of the ninth century, the Carolingian Empire begins to lose power, and monetization in the Netherlands ceases
5. But then, until the 18th century, the word medal was also a common term for coins.

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • July 07, 2009 21:42
added
prices
reviews

Hm, I would just take a look at Wikipedia….

Show original message
  • 469 messages
  • July 06, 2009 10:02
added
prices

That cleared up again too;)

Show original message
Go to page
25of 4,161