13of 13
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,263 messages
  • April 20, 2020 20:58
prices
info pages
reviews
Question 1: Can this be a mandatory field please. If we don't know, we still use "Unknown" and blanks cause problems with searches. Someone willing to clean up? Question 2: What is the definition of land (I am mainly thinking of advertising bands). Country of the factory? Country of publicity on it? Country where it was sold?
Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • April 20, 2020 22:22
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If all goes well, we don't use unknown much, except for mandatory fields. What is unknown to the importer, may not be to another.

Show original message
  • 1,263 messages
  • April 20, 2020 23:31
prices
info pages
reviews
Thanks Arc for the answer. This post is not a criticism, it's just a statement that there are too few rules, that everyone does as they please and that I keep coming back to administrators. My main activity is "cleaning up", so solving blanks, typos and errors. Now that I had the feeling of being somewhat "blocked" in the Other section due to the many problems that have not (yet) been solved, I thought I would take a look at the Cigar tapes. This section already looks much better, but very soon I come across the same problem that fields are not filled in logically and that there are hundreds of typos. Manually correcting is impossible and even requesting every change via the forum would take weeks. (See all my posts, it seems to me that 1 administrator should help me but that the rest of the collectors are of no use to this). Users can't do certain actions and voluntary admins probably don't have the time. But back to the point: 1 I don't get an answer to my question about how I can search on blank 2 In Cigar Bindings, "None" and "Unknown" appear to be the ideal way to say that something is really empty or that you are not sure about something ( field Printer is >60% Unknown) 3 Actually, my next question would be to standardize the Series field with clear instructions from an administrator, but I hardly dare to ask because then you would have to rename the thousands of existing series (which is almost a complete rework of the catalog). I want to check everything with the necessary information from an administrator, but I have the feeling that I keep getting stuck.
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • April 20, 2020 23:37
added
prices
info pages
reviews

'Unknown' is really different from 'unspecified'. We better come back to the above as soon as the programmer is there and we can have scripts made.

Show original message
  • 1,263 messages
  • May 11, 2020 12:21
prices
info pages
reviews
May I repeat my question again: what is the definition of land? Vb advertising bands Abonne (Netherlands) with advertising from Belgium and Luxembourg?
Show original message
  • 23 messages
  • May 11, 2020 13:45
added
prices
info pages
May 11, 2020 13:45

This discussion is about nothing!

Subscriber is a Dutch cigar manufacturer and therefore the country is the Netherlands.

It is irrelevant that they also produced tapes for Belgian or Luxembourg clients.

If you think crooked long enough, Willem II is Belgium (is produced in Houthalen) or Sweden (owned by Swedish Match)

Another example is Taf series car brands. Taf is a Belgian brand, but should you name a tire from the Opel car brand as Germany, or Citroen France?

Stop this umbilical gazing - stay straight.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • May 11, 2020 13:59
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It could be a bit friendlier, Cok. It was a serious question.

So the answer is: country where manufacturer is located.

Show original message
  • 1,263 messages
  • May 11, 2020 16:07
prices
info pages
reviews
I may not be the collector with a super-large collection or with detailed knowledge of a field, but if you look at my profile and my forum posts you will notice that I have been cleaning up all the typos, blanks and junk in different domains for several months. I have already mentioned in the past that there are too few rules and Arco has already pointed out to me the disadvantage of a wiki where everyone can do what they want. @uohout In that respect my question has been asked (clear rules): if Subscriber is Netherlands, why is it not so, why can I clean up everything again?
Show original message
  • 23 messages
  • May 11, 2020 17:40
added
prices
info pages
May 11, 2020 17:40

From here, would like to apologize for any conclusions drawn too quickly.

Guidelines were once drawn up by Martinel - but are apparently not read or poorly read.

Is there a pattern to be discovered for input which is clearly too large steps quickly at home - perhaps asking directly for more complete / correct input will help the contributor.

And above all, do not hesitate and ask - anything that has been or will be taken out is only nice

Show original message
  • 1,263 messages
  • May 11, 2020 18:38
prices
info pages
reviews
Ok, no need for extensive apologies. I attach much more importance to the fact that the message gets across well. I know the wiki principle and know that everything runs on volunteers, but for me quality comes first. This is somewhat contradictory to the low threshold and the non-mandatory filling in of fields, so you naturally create problems. Where small adjustments are needed, I do the necessary, but again and again I get stuck on cases with hundreds of errors where an administrator has to intervene (because it is all alone and manually not possible). But this is now completely off topic and I have already reported in other posts.
Show original message
  • 2,397 messages
  • May 11, 2020 18:38
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Why can I clean up everything again?

They still have capable managers at cigar bands. Wouldn't you be better off spending your time on sections where there are no administrators?

Show original message
  • 1,263 messages
  • May 24, 2020 18:39
prices
info pages
reviews
I have deleted at Subscriber Luxembourg (see previous message - country of manufacturer). Now I see exactly the same at Agio: for publicity bands there is a link to the Netherlands (producer) AND Belgium (publicity). Double link everything or delete everything in Belgium? Like instructions.
Show original message
  • 23 messages
  • May 27, 2020 14:07
added
prices
info pages
May 27, 2020 14:07

Hello,

This is a tricky one - because there are two solutions below the most obvious:

Since Agio also produces cigars in Belgium, it makes sense to link advertising tapes with a Belgian advertiser for both the Netherlands and Belgium.

If the advertiser cannot be clearly linked to a place, then only link the Netherlands.

The above is not my personal opinion - I have consulted about this.

I hope this contributes.

Show original message
13of 13