10of 10
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 27, 2010 21:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Mint condition No traces of use and complete. Game, device (s), accessories, manuals and extras are still in the original plastic covers. Styrofoam completely intact.
Note: Some games still in their original blister fetch significantly higher prices.
Very Good Condition : Fully packaged with all accompanying manuals etc.
There may be clear, but not disturbing signs of use. (This must be mentioned when selling)
Good condition : Game / console including packaging in good condition. There may be missing parts (when sold this must be clearly stated).
Reasonable condition : only the console or game (CD, DVD, cartridge ...) or packaging very badly damaged.

The descriptions of the Conditions are currently not optimal. As already noted, the presence of the packaging is critical to the value of the item (game or console).
Therefore this proposal (up for discussion):

Unused in packaging :
For Games: Factory sealed. In original cellophane / plastic.
For Consoles: Unused and complete. Device (s), accessories, manuals and extras are still in the original plastic covers. Styrofoam completely intact.
Mint condition : Fully packaged with all accompanying manuals etc. Everything in very good condition, without damage.
Some scraping may be allowed for cardboard packaging. This must be stated in the case of sale.
Styrofoam can cause aging symptoms. This must be stated in the case of sale.
Good condition :
For consoles: with packaging, but packaging damaged
For games: with packaging. Damaged packaging or missing attachments (manuals, etc.)
Reasonable condition : only the console or game (CD, DVD, cartridge ...)

It is generally valid that games without packaging (in good condition) are significantly cheaper than with packaging, unless in a few exceptional cases.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • August 27, 2010 22:27

I always want to know three things when I buy a 2nd hand game.

1) The game does.
2) Is it still in the box
3) Is the game manual still included

So with this explanation, I should always buy a game in new condition, while I actually think good condition is also fine.
Do you not think that in good condition, the booklet should also be present? (possibly with clear signs of wear)
And then in fair condition: Packaging and / or manual are missing, but console or game still works.

Something that is incomplete, I don't think can be considered a good condition.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 27, 2010 23:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You are largely right, but here you have the retro / new problem again. Also the fact that consoles and games are mixed up makes it difficult.

For the Games, for example, you have the '80 -'90 floppies and cassettes of which 90% don't work anymore, but when they come in a perfect box with all the trimmings, some are worth real money. Game and Watch cases are more expensive than the consoles themselves.
For many consoles, I just want to buy the packaging because it is rarer than the console itself.

Maybe we should merge "Unused" and "Mint condition", that is for collectors items + - synonyms
and add:
very good = Complete with packaging and manuals. Clear signs of use.

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • August 28, 2010 07:14

Maybe we should merge "Unused" and "Mint condition", that is for collectors items + - synonyms

Many games that I buy new and unused in the store no longer have their cellophane wrapping.
That's because the games have been removed by the retailers in connection with possible theft.
But then I still think that a game with the cellophane still around it is worth more money.

For the Games, for example, you have the '80 -'90 floppies and cassettes, 90% of which no longer work, but if they come in a perfect box with all the trimmings, some are worth real money.

But if they do, they are worth even more, right?
In that regard, the subdivision is still good.
Of course you still have floppies that still work, but are no longer in the original packaging.
Then I myself think that they still fall under reasonable.
It is then up to the seller to write a clear explanation of his offered copy.
You cannot put a game that no longer works, or is missing the packaging, under new condition, because they are so old.
A bit of the same discussion we had about this with the comics.

Game and Watch cases are more expensive than the consoles themselves.
For many consoles, I just want to buy the packaging because it is rarer than the console itself.

Is it often the case that this type of packaging is sold without a (working or not) console?
There are some people who sometimes enter just the packaging .
I have suggested before to create a packaging rubric.
Then you can link the packaging without content to an item as curiosities.
Anyway, the response was not very enthusiastic.
Personally, I still think that such a section could be useful, within Catawiki.

Also the fact that consoles and games are mixed up makes it difficult.

I still find it unfortunate that the consoles are in the games, and not in an electronics section.
It's just 2 different things that need different input fields.
Anyway, that's a different discussion.
Let's not feed it here.

very good = Complete with packaging and manuals. Clear signs of use.

Sounds like a good addition.
I think a lot of games are covered.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 28, 2010 12:43
added
prices
info pages
reviews

quote Many games that I buy new and unused in the store no longer have their cellophane wrapping.
That's because the games have been removed by the retailers in connection with possible theft.
But then I still think that a game with the cellophane still around it is worth more money.

That's right, that's why they are so rare. The same with the consoles. In the past, the guarantee certificate was taken out and filled in at the time of sale. Then they are no longer unopened of course.
Anyway, that category does exist. For example, some popular NES games in celophane have (asking) prices of 500 to 1000 Euro.
The problem here is that they are so rare that it is difficult to put a price on them. So I often leave that price category open lately.

quote Is it often the case that this type of packaging is sold without a (working or not) console?

I have expressed a little wrong here. For some consoles I don't have the packaging. It happens that I later buy a device with packaging, but I actually only buy it for the packaging.

quote It is then up to the seller to write a clear explanation of his offered copy.

Yes, in the end you cannot fully describe everything with 4 or 5 categories. For example: is the adapter included or not. That in itself is not so bad, they are easy to obtain. In the absence of this, if everything else is OK, I would not say it should be placed under "Fair."
What I would prefer is that Reasonable would mainly refer to separate games / consoles (without packaging or packaging in appalling condition).

quote very good = Complete with packaging and manuals. Clear signs of use.
Seems like a good addition.
I think a lot of games are covered.

Adding that would probably be the best solution. The problem is that we go from 4 to 5 categories. I don't know if that is allowed?

ps. I personally don't mind if the floppies and cassetes don't work anymore. Most of those games are "free domain" and can be played emulated on the net. They are also rewritable media, and you can re-copy them if you really want to.
In new condition I would not put them.

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • August 28, 2010 16:49

From that reading, we are on the same page.
Only a few things that you would put at good, I would rather put at fair.

It is best to go to 5 categories, but then you will be faced with the fact that you also have 5 prizes per item.
In any case, a good division of categories with corresponding prices always remains difficult.
Everyone has an opinion about that, you can now see that in the comics.
Having the same discussion about games / consoles is potentially even more complicated.
At some point, I think you just have to make a decision.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 28, 2010 20:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

quote It is best to go to 5 categories, but then you will be faced with the fact that you also have 5 prizes per item.
In any case, a good division of categories with corresponding prices is always difficult.

I am also in favor of limiting the number of categories and keeping them as clear and useful as possible.
Category "with blister" is so exotic that it may not need its own category. This can possibly be done at "Details" or in the provided "Wiki" pages.

Retry:

Mint condition (replaces Unused): No traces of use and complete. Game, device (s), accessories, manuals and extras are still in the original plastic covers. Styrofoam completely intact.
Note: Some games still in their original blister fetch significantly higher prices.
Very Good Condition (Replaces New Condition): Complete in packaging with all accompanying manuals etc.
There may be clear, but not disturbing signs of use. (This must be mentioned when selling)
Good condition : Game / console including packaging in good condition. There may be missing parts (when sold this must be clearly stated).
Reasonable condition : only the console or game (CD, DVD, cartridge ...) or packaging very badly damaged.

It is generally assumed that the games / consoles have been tested and are working. If this is not the case, this must be explicitly stated when selling.

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • August 28, 2010 22:23

I like this a lot better.
Personally, I particularly like the addition “when selling this must be clearly stated”.
Then you can point this out to the seller if it remains in default.
I think you should leave it like that.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • September 01, 2010 23:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews

OK, it seems fine to me. Only 4 categories and they are clearly defined.

I'll wait until Sunday and then present it to Rene.
You have to notify the sellers and adjust the prices, but that's not so bad.

Appointment:

Mint condition No traces of use and complete. Game, device (s), accessories, manuals and extras are still in the original plastic covers. Styrofoam completely intact.
Very Good Condition : Fully packaged with all accompanying manuals etc.

It is generally assumed that the games / consoles have been tested and are working. If this is not the case, this must be explicitly stated when selling.

PS: I am waiting for the new conditions to be introduced for comics. Better to combine radical changes, then they stand out better.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • January 28, 2011 22:22
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The change of 'Conditions' has not yet been implemented, as I mentioned above, it is best to do this together with other sections (comics?).

When viewing this:

http://tinyurl.com/6xssbsb

http://tinyurl.com/64jlfpm

http://tinyurl.com/6l3l5ow

I still wonder whether we should not make new condition 'in blister'. The price difference is so huge ...

Show original message
10of 10