2of 2
  • 43 messages
  • December 28, 2013 19:21
added

I have three banknotes from Egypt, but I don't know all the information needed for all three to be able to enter the banknote.

Here are the photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gzp5vepns5jkxe3/pAa3k-ESyb

The first note is 10 piastres. It looks very much like 159987 , but the signature is different, common so in principle no problem, but if you look closely you will see that the flag that the men are holding on the right is different. On the banknote in the catalog this is the flag of Egypt, on my banknote it is the flag of the United Arab Republic, which consisted of Egypt and Syria, of which Syria adopted the flag after the split. This is the note with the name VAR front/back.

Now I wonder whether this should also be regarded as a separate country, or rather as an era with the countries of Egypt and Syria.

And I wouldn't know where to find the year on the note either.

The year problem also occurs with the other two banknotes: one of 5 piastres, of which there are many in the catalogue, but one with this signature not yet (I have not yet found a single banknote with that signature in the catalogue) . What strikes me is that the signature is the same as on my 10 piastre note. Perhaps this 5-piastre note also comes from the VAR era? This is the note with the name 5 piastres used front/back.

The third note is also one of 5 piastres, so I can't find the year on it either. This is the note with the name 5 piastres new front/back.

thanks in advance

David

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 215 messages
  • August 16, 2017 21:16
added
prices
reviews

David

You can look at the coins for a year